Your best friend has given you their all, and now they deserve a comfortable retirement. We care for injured and older horses as if they were our own — Foundation Equine is with you every stride of the way!
Retired horses can present different challenges, such as caring for an old injury, preventing new injuries, chronic disease prevention or care, eyesight preservation, dental corrections, arthritis management, etc. Managing a retired horse can require patience, careful feeding, close attention, and compassion – Foundation Equine is known for their expertise when it’s needed.
We offer services for your older horse that include;
- General health evaluation
- Nutrition counseling to maintain, gain or reduce weight
- Injury prevention advice
- Regular dental evaluations and treatments as needed
- Lameness evaluations and recommendations
- Cushing’s Disease* and Insulin Resistance diagnosis, treatment, and management
- Blood work results available within 24 hours
- Hoof care and counseling with you and your farrier
- Emergency care 24/7/365
* At Foundation Equine Wellness and Performance, we believe that early detection of Pituitary Pars Intermedia Dysfunction or PPID, Cushing’s Disease, is critical to the health of your older horse. That is why we recommend testing for PPID in all horses 15 years or older. Often the first sign of PPID is laminitis – test your horse before he/she develops this devastating disease.
For more information, please review the video below:
Prascend -- Treatment for Pituitary Pars Intermedia Dysfunction or PPID, (Cushing's Disease) in Horses